11 May 2009

Let the Planning Begin...

Apparently there was a 3 day holiday in the Czech Republic last week celebrating the end of WW2 so Petra (the coordinator) has been inundated with emails and phone calls. I am therefore waiting to receive the info on making the deposit and further information to give to my doctor. Additionally, she supposedly can help with making hotel reservations. In the meantime we looked at three hotels/b&bs. 2 were in Zlin and one was a spa hotel in a town 15 minutes away. My mom did the first round of research and the cost for the spa hotel was double to quadruple that of the b&b in Zlin but it included breakfast & dinner and 2 spa treatments per day. I honestly do not believe we'd be able to do all of the treatments and with overnight trips to Vienna and Prague (and possibly Durnstein via Bratislava) it would be paying a lot to not be there. So we were tentatively down to the 2 b&bs in Zlin. I contacted both to ask for availability from Aug 20 - Sept 9 and one came back booked through the last part of August. So all of our eggs are currently in the basket of one b&b. Thankfully, it is the b&b that I liked. I hope they have availability.

DH started researching the air travel. We might do Bermuda to London, then London to Brno and then drive to Zlin. The other option is to go from London to Vienna but the drive to Zlin would be longer - Prague would be the longest drive. I doubt we'd fly via the US to Frankfurt because of our not so happy honeymoon travel through that airport. Anyhow, we might overnight in London on our way back - see a show or something.

I also heard back from the dialysis clinic. Each treatment will be about $280 so my mom is thinking about coming out for the last 2 weeks. Looks like my dad will come too. They're going to get his British passport processed since he didn't do it when the rest of us did. They actually have never been to Vienna. They were suppose to go when they were last in Germany but never got there (I was maybe a year old at that point). They think that seeing Eastern Europe would be interesting - hence the possibility of going to Bratislava in Solvakia and Durnstein in Austria. Depending on timing, it might be worth planning a trip to Budapest as well. Sure, lord only knows if I'll be up for any of this but at this phase it is nice to daydream about a family trip.... my first with my parents since my junior year in college.

Other than that, I've been getting back into yoga in an attempt to regain my flexibility. I also need to try to run short distances daily - which is better than long distances occasionally. And I start the nutrition/fitness program on Thursday..... hope that helps my self-image.

No comments: