29 July 2008

HSG Pre-Op

Pre-op went well. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about the fibroids - I guess the procedure next week will indicate whether she should be. She was more concerned about DH's results. He's calling for his MRI results tomorrow and will ask them to send them on to our RE. He also has to speak to the RE at some point this week and I think his next SA in next Monday. Anyhow, pre-op... I have a bunch of forms to fill out because I'm going into the hospital as an outpatient and they're putting me to sleep for the procedure. DH will then have to pick me up afterwards. I have to take antibiotics before, the day of and the day after the procedure so I picked them up on the way back to the office. other than that, she wants us to TTC during O-time.

23 July 2008

MRI

DH made it through the MRI - he said it took 45 minutes to scan his head. I asked if they found any rocks in there

22 July 2008

Miscommunication

DH called the specialists office to see if the memo had been sent to his urologist. It hadn't been sent since the specialist wants DH to do another prolactin test, as well as a SA. No one had even called him! Anyway, he has to pick up his forms and stuff and should have both tests completed by next week. We'll see how long it takes before he receives treatment. Since the MRI is on the 23rd (tomorrow), it's just more waiting.

18 July 2008

Finally, a date!

My ob/gyn is back from vacation and finally called me to make the HSG appointment. I'll be going in for a pre-op meeting on July 29th and will have the procedure on August 6th. Then I guess we'll have to make decisions about surgery. I haven't decided whether to contact the RE in NJ with the details or to wait until after the procedure. He should have my Day 3 bloodwork by now - but then again, my ob/gyn should also have those results. I think I just need to think about this after I go to this cocktail party tonight....

02 July 2008

Vampires!

They took 8 vials of blood from me this morning. DH was complaining about the 2 they took from him at his last visit. He hasn't said a word about that since . I managed not to panic and did a lot of yoga breathing in the chair. My right hand started to cramp since I had it in a tight fist and I was holding it like that for a long time. Anyhow, I survived and the next milestone will be the HSG next week (which i need to set up).

01 July 2008

Ewww.... Needles!!!

Tomorrow is the CD3 test. Talk about a bunch of tests. I have 2 sheets to turn into the lab and it is full of stuff! I wonder how many vials they will need. We're going in really early in order to get me in without an appointment. I have also decided to bother my ob/gyn on Friday if I don't hear from her before then. As long as I have the HSG next week, I should be fine. I'm now wondering about the 'what happens afterwards'.....

30 June 2008

I hate tests...

I am scheduled for CD3 testing on Wednesday morning. I was also supposed to set up the HSG but the nurse for the specialist has not received the memos from the US to send to my ob/gyn and is concerned that my Dr won't set up the HSG without it. We shall see if she'll just make the arrangements and then read about the great situation that we're in. Anyhow, DH had his blood draw today so he just has to wait for his prescription.