Today is Aidan's first day back at work and he spent the first hour of it at the hospital. His 96 year old grandfather was having a pain in his stomach that he thinks is his appendix so he headed to the emergency room. Aidan's mom has my phone and aidan's keeping me posted via email. So far they're just running tests on his grandfather so he has gone in to the office.
We have to start the process to have Liam baptised this week. It looks like it will be on Feb 27th so we have some time to plan and a friend hat I want as his godmother should be able to get to the Island for that date (she's currently living in Canada). We're looking at having 2 godmothers and 2 godfathers. Traditionally (Anglican-wise) it would only be one godfather and two godmothers but we want to include Aidan's brother in the ceremony... granted, Aidan may change his mind about that. In any case, once we sit down with the priest (hopefully tomorrow) and do the paperwork, then we'll figure out what will happen on the day (and for the get-together afterwards). He'll be baptised during the 8am mass so theoretically we should do a breakfast at our house fr friends and family...
We started babywearing this weekend. I carried Liam in a rebozo while I did errands in Hamilton after the La Leche League meeting. It was pretty comfortable. I wore it again at church on Sunday so I was able to go up for communion with Liam. Today I am trying a ring sling around the house and he's not as fussy thus far. Aidan tried out the sling I got for him yesterday and likes it. I probably should have gotten one size larger for him in the hotsling. We also have a Dr. Sears Balboa ring sling for Aidan but it is pretty big for a newborn (it needs some towels for positioning - I'll discuss it with our doula when she comes over on Thursday). Here's a picture of Aidan enjoying the sling.
We plan to start cloth diapering this week - I'm actually waiting for some rice paper liners in the mail before we do. Aidan read about them and want to try them out... so I'll indulge him since he's keen.
Hope to do some vacation planning for May and September today. We're contemplating a few days in Kent in May, followed by a few days in London. I've managed to get tickets to see 'Much Ado About Nothing' on May 19 - it'll be good to see David Tennant and Catherine Tate on stage together. For September, we're considering a self-drive tour from Seattle to San Francisco. I'd have to make sure our anniversary will have us in Las Vegas. We're contemplating doing a vow renewal there.
3 comments:
Just catching up on all your posts...Baby Liam is adorable and I love his full head of dark hair:)
Glad that your C-section went so well and birth story was wonderful...I cant believe you are in your regular clothes already...Good for you Momma!!!
Take care and I cant wait for more updates
Glad you guys are doing so well...He's such a cutie in that picture!
So, so cute! Looks like dad, mom and baby are doing well! So happy for you all :)
Post a Comment