HAPPY ICLW!!!!!
Last month I did the ABC's of Me. This month, since our IF history is summarized on the side, I thought I'd do '10 Odd Facts about me'. Enjoy!
Fact 1: When I was in college and they asked my racial background, I needed a 'mutt' category (I had to select other). Culturally, I have English, Welsh, Scottish, St. Kitts, Portugese, Native American and some sort of Asian heritage. I carry Bermudian and British passports.
Fact 2: I grew from 5'4" to 5'9" between my 14th and 15th birthdays. I am currently 5'11" and would love my chiropractor to give me that last inch to make me 6'.
Fact 3: When Gene Kelly died, I was in my senior year in college in Atlanta. I was so distraught that my dad had to calm me down via the telephone. He then told me to go to Best Buys and purchase all of the Gene Kelly movies that I didn't have (he'd pay the credit card charges) and watch the movies to celebrate this life. I did just that!
Fact 4: When Frank Sinatra died a few years later, I did the musical/movie tribute for him as well. My dad didn't pay for this one, and didn't have to console me over the phone. I now have a greater appreciation for Frank Sinatra.
Fact 5: My favorite name as a kid was 'Artemis'. This was due to my dad reading greek and roman mythology to us as bedtime stories. I have since named my insane white cat 'Artemis'. She is a true hunter.... pretty cool that we got it right!
Fact 6: I have a line item in my monthly budget to purchase items via Amazon and eBay....
Fact 7: When I was 16 I had a debutante's ball. I pinned my glove to my dad's lapel when I had to put the flower on him.
Fact 8: I was the youngest person in my MBA graduating year. I was also the youngest person in my doctoral cohort for the first 3 years of the programme (and managed to hold a 3.9 GPA...) - I'm ABD (all but dissertation) for the doctorate currently...
Fact 9: I was at the Civil Service College in Sunningdale, Ascot, UK when the events of Sept 11th took place. I had to fly back to Bermuda on Sept 14th and got to see a tank inside of Gatwick Airport. A few months later I ended up in therapy for PTSD. Ever since I have had no problem going to see a therapist when life gets a bit too overwhelming.
Fact 10: I used to be able to name Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes within the first 5 seconds of the preview (before the titles). I am a bit rusty today.... However, I still know most of the dialogue for Star Wars Episodes IV, V and VI, Singing in the Rain, An American in Paris and Sound of Music.
44 comments:
I enjoyed reading the interesting facts about you! Fun idea!
I don't think I have ever known any Bermudian. How exciting!
I lived in ATL, too. :-)
What did you think of the new Dr. Who? I was worried to watch because I loved David so very much but I have to admit I enjoyed the new dr. and was not disappointed. We were laughing the other day because BBC America started playing Star Trek:TNG. I found that odd.
YAY for ICLW again!
YAY For random facts!
I enjoyed the new Doctor Who this past Saturday on BBC America. I am debating whether to watch more or wait for the DVD to come out.... I am doing that for House, Bones, and the second half of Glee season 1. We'll see....
I think they're showing St: TNG because Patrick Stewart is a well known Brit (plus no one seems to be showing TNG anymore). I will most likely watch it but I am lobbying the hubby for all of the TNG DVDs for my b-day or Christmas.
I loved reading this ! Odd, interesting and curious.
hi from ICLW!! just wanted to say hi, and wishing you lotsa luck with babymaking :o)
I love all of your random facts!!! So fun!
Love the random facts! Thanks for visiting my blog. Our agency is unique in that they use a list system as a starting point for matching. Moving up the list just means you have a better chance at matching with an expectant mother as they usually find a match within the first 20.
ICLW
I'm fairly sure that my daughter is going to grow up to be you. I'm not even kidding. Striking similarities.
Happy ICLW!
I love your random. the Amazon/Ebay line goes for me too. Great blog, can't wait to read more. I'm your newest follower from IComLeavWe.
-K
http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/
Fun idea for an intro! I might have to 'borrow' it from you next month.
I thought my genetic make up was wacky... you've got me beat by a mile and a half!
ICLW
Wow - so nice to meet you!
I'm a huge Star Trek: TNG fan too, but nowhere near as astute as you. I I can, however, name all the Brady Bunch episodes within the first teaser.
Your dad sounds amazing, by the way.
I just loved these fun facts!! A girl who loves sci fi and old musicals is one after my own heart! :)
Happy ICLW!!! I enjoyed reading your interesting facts...sometimes I feel like I need a "mutt" category, too.
i USED to be able to claim the same TNG episode recognition skills. now its CSI. well, i usually just say, "seen it."
i miss TNG, now that i think of it.
fun facts! and best of luck with your fresh start at TTC! thanks for stopping by my blog!
xoxoxo
thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! I hope that the time off TTC has given your body a break and that this cycle will work for you! Good Luck!
I think we also have to budget for Amazon and Ebay. We order from them all the time!
Here from ICLW.
Very cool and very unique facts wow. Happy iclw.
Clever list! Best of luck with your dissertation!
ICLW
I can totally relate to your header about jinxing yourself! I was the exact same way.
Lots of fun facts, thanks for sharing!
Lots of fun facts, thanks for sharing!
They should have "blended" as the category given today's times - or the option to tick a couple or a few ;)
Thanks for visiting and happy ICLW!!
Those are 10 great facts. I too said I didn't want kids and I wasn't so sure about marriage. Now I am married and starting ferility treatments this summer.
I wish you the best of luck!
Happy ICLW!
(#70)
Oh fact 10... I also can identify just about any STTNG episode before the titles :) It kind of disturbs my husband, lol ;)
Happy ICLW!
~Miriam (ICLW #45)
Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed
I like the fun facts....quite unique ones at that. Happy ICLW!
Congratulations on passing your teaching exam and getting back in the saddle for TTC!
Wow - those are a lot of interesting facts! :)
ICLW #119
http://lovelyladybump.blogspot.com/
I loved reading all your random facts about yourself.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ICLW#96
Wow! You are one busy woman. What's your doctoral program? Thanks for visiting ... (ICLW and a fellow grad school survivor ...)
Glad to get to know you better! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Happy ICLW! (Stress Free Infertility)
You sound like an amazing person. Congrats on being ABD and good luck with all that writing. :)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)
Great idea to have a fact list/ABC list for ICLW. I may have to borrow this idea for future months. It's a great way to get to know the blog writers.
Happy ICLW!
That's impressive about identifying a Star Trek and TNG episodes in the first 5 seconds. I can only do that with the show Friends.
ICLW
Happy ICLW! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Those are great facts, its great to get to you know you. Good luck with the future.
I do not read your blog often, but reading the post reminded me of when I read you last....it was about the dancing!
I love your factoids.
Well Miss, you better get strapping back to that thesis!
Praying and wishing that this TTC Quest be fruitful and rewarding for us!
Great fun facts!! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
ICLW
http://teseivf.blogspot.com/
I love the facts! I used to be able to name the titles as well and can still quote large portion of the three original Star Wars movies as well. In college, my freshman seminar / writing class was actually Star Trek themed. It was the best class I ever had.
ICLW
Thanks for visiting me, love th ten things. Good luck with your doctorate!
ICLW
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sorry I'm only replying now - I've had terrible problems with my internet connection! I must have tried to post 10 times during the last few days!
Sorry to see about your failed IVF and fibroid surgery. Ouch! I hope everthing will work properly now, and hopefully you'll be pregnant soon!
Wow, lots of comments & lots of fans..I can see why! I'm a fertility doc visiting from ICLW and finding the experience sometimes overwhelming. I appreciate everyone's journeys, some have easier ones, others very, very hard ones. I see that you have been trying for some time...my wife & I tried for 12 years back in the 90s when ART was not as advanced as it is today. We have better drugs, treatment protocols, embryology media & techniques, even catheters, then we had in those days. Yet, after all is said and done, it is the effort and the persistance of the patient that is of most importance. Stay focused on your goal...you can have that family you wish for, it is just a matter of what you need to do to get there. BTW, I'm a big Star Trek fan myself! ICLW #7
That list was so fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Wow! Lots of interesting facts. You are so lucky to have such a supportive and loving dad!
Good luck finishing up your doctorate!
I am so glad I found you, or you found me. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Now I am going to go devour your archives as you are the first person IRL or the blog world that I know has gone through a robotic myomectomy. And you have just started to TTC again.
Fabulous, thank you! Best, best, best of luck and I am going to follow you!
xox-
Another tall-ish woman.
Post a Comment