10 April 2010

Back in the Saddle Again!

Today is day one of TTC cycle #1. Yes, we decided that a reboot was in order. We reached 25 TTC cycles with our last cycle in Aug/Sept 2009 (the IVF/ICSI cycle). With the MRI which then led to the fibroid removal surgery, we haven't TTCed since. I will admit that I wasn't too happy at first about taking so many months off at first but It has been good for my sanity and spirit in the long run. I am a bit more positive about getting back into all of this (and getting back into shape, getting healthier, working on my confidence, the whole shebang). It's sad that it took a 6 hour surgery to get me to stop and re-center myself. I am in way cured of my cynicism though - I will just say that I am more willing to focus on the positives and possibilities than I was a year ago.

We're using new kit for this reboot. I am not in the mood to track by BBT. I contemplated doing digital OPKs and then looked at the Clear.blue monitor. In the end, we've decided to try out the Ov.Watch. I want the least amount of fuss and the greatest amount of sleep.... granted, I plan to start walking the dogs again at 6.30am so the sleep part may be wishful thinking! So Aidan is now putting the watch together and actually following the instructions to set it up (good man!!!). I'll post my thoughts about the watch as the cycle progresses.

7 comments:

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said...

Yay, great news on the reboot!! Sometimes it is worth wiping the slate clean and starting again and well, if it takes a six hour surgery to get you to recentered - well, that's okay, it's great that you are!!

I am here hoping along with you!

All the best!

Rotten said...

Oh, I wish you guys the best of luck with this. It sounds like the break was very theraputic and I hope everything goes well.

kimbosue said...

WOOHOO! All the best this cycle!

erika said...

Yay! for a fresh new start:) FX your new chapter will be sweeter and shorter and concluding in a BFP very soon. Hope Hungary will bring some long-deserved luck to both of us;)

KUP about the watch, it sounds exciting!

Photogrl said...

I think a reboot is the perfect way of looking at this!

Wishing, hoping, and praying for a wonderful ending to this journey!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Yay for the reboot! Hope it all goes well!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that you're back in the saddle! Hopefully that reboot is just what your body needed. Best wishes!