08 April 2010

Highland Dancing Insanity

I am a week away from my teacher's exam. Every night I run through the 6 step Fling, 4 and 2 Seann Truhibas, Flora McDonald's Fancy, Heilan Laddie, Wilt Thou Go to the Barracks Johnny and the Irish Washerwoman's Jig for Aidan to critique. That is then followed by him testing me on foot positions, basic movements and steps from the Fling, Sword Dance, Sean Truhibas and the Reel. I'm a mess. There is so much info floating around in my head. I seem to be able to explain difficult stuff but find it hard to explain the simple things. It is driving me nuts!

Anyhow, tomorrow is (hopefully) a day off for me. I plan to study as much as possible so Aidan canstart the intense nightly testing. I have a class with my instructor for a few hours on Saturday and then regular classes on Monday and Wednesday (which currently I'll be late for). In an attempt to be sane, I am trying to visualize a teacher's certificate with my name on it. I think I'll be fine. Yeah, I'll e singing 'I have Confidence' ocer the coming week!!!!!

Other than that, the uniforms are coming together slowly. I still don't have a white National Dress - the one that was made for me was too short due to my long legs (I'm talking porn star short). A new one is being made and I hope I get it soon - I need to be comfortable holding the skirt for my exam!

1 comment:

junebug said...

Break a leg! Sounds like you are going to be perfectly prepared. :-)