So the urologist visit is tomorrow afternoon. I won't be able to go with DH since I'll probably be in a meeting and then I have a class that I cannot miss. I got in a bit of an argument this morning with DH because he hasn't done anything to prepare for the appointment. I wrote up some questions last week but he hasn't read them. When I try to discuss contingencies so we can get moving once the appointment is over, he says nothing. I asked him if he cared and he said that he just has no idea what to do and he assumes that the doctor should know. I told him that I am not willing to sit around for another 6 months in hopes that a doctor will get it right when I can be getting a second opinion, etc. I know he's unhappy with the situation and I also know that he is hoping and praying for a good result so we don't have to keep going through all of this. Still, I don't know what is wrong with praying for the best and preparing for the worst.
I contacted a clinic in Boston and am contemplating a phone consultation with a RE depending upon the results from tomorrow's appointment. If we're faced with IVF, and since we'd have to travel no matter what the situation, I would feel more comfortable with comparing programs, prices, etc. I really don't want to get to that point but I also want to just get on with all of this. Sure, it isn't a guarantee that it will work but at least we'd be further along the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment