17 December 2008

Sick of Being Sick

On Saturday morning I felt great! I had energy, was focused and got a lot done. At about 2pm I took a nap. When I woke up, I was sick - congestion, cough, yuck! By Monday my voice was gone and I've spent the last few days miserable. I've been doing light workouts to get the congested chest moving (which seems to be working) but I am still sick. Such a PITA with Christmas 8 days away.

I read a book - a novel with an infertility theme. It was good until the rushed ending. Of course, in my cold medication-incuded haze and PMS (I'll know for sure on Fri/Sat) I began to over-analyze the last 14 months of my life. Have I lost my mind. Have I let TTC take over my life. Am I an emotional basket case? Does me not wanting to hold babies beam that I am selfish and self-absorbed. Does my DH think that this experience has made my irrational side surface. I know this all seems a bit excessive but there are times when I do feel that I've let this aspect of our lives take over. I may not have been bridezilla 2+ years ago but infertility seems to have made me into a person I don't know at times.

No comments: