29 June 2011

Liam - Week 27

Date/Week: June 29th; week 27


My Total weight gain/loss: -35.4 lbs (5.4 under pre-preg weight.... but so not in shape!)

His Stats:

Milestones: Lower gums starting to bulge visibly - are we close to his first tooth; does #1 & #2 automatically on the toilet when we put him there upon waking up (it could be a fluke but we're not complaining); my parents have experimented BLW with steamed carrot sticks with Liam and it went well; stood on Sunday holding on to the top of the pew on his own for a bit; chased the dogs around the bed (combination of rolling, combat crawling and pushing off with his legs) - I wish I had the video camera for that one!

Developmental Progress: We've been playing games with him by putting his pacifier or a tow a distance away from him to see what he does to retrieve it. He is very determined and uses a number of techniques to achieve his goal. He's gettimg more precise with grabbing but is awkward using his thumb. However, he's starting to use his fingers to try to pick things up (vs his whole hand). He loves to eat at the table. He knows he's going to pick things up and now is going after utensils, the placemat, etc. Yesterday, he was in his teacher's lap at school and she had a cracker - he grabbed it from her and had it in his mouth so quickly that she was caught off guard. When he has oatmeal at school, he's begun expressing interest in holding his own spoon (doen't know what to do with it though...). His babbling is getting more complex.

Energy level: It's been a rollercoaster week. I must be fighting off Liam's cold but I am thankfully not sick myself.

Exercise: We went running last night. Only a mile but it was good. I am hopeful that we go again on Thursday and Saturday.

Thoughts and Feelings? Still playing catch-up. Some days are better than others. Trying to just stop and breathe.

What I am looking forward to: Need to think about vacation in September




No comments: