24 June 2011

Liam - Week 26

Date/Week: June 22nd; week 26 - 6 months old!

My Total weight gain/loss: -33.2 lbs

His Stats: 16 lbs 14 oz and 26.5 inches long

Milestones: First Father's Day, 2nd time at the beach, registered for 2nd kindergarden programme (Catholic school), 1st day at school with regular food (a bit of cereal with apple) in his lunchbox (along with his milk)

Developmental Progress: Starting to push up on his legs when he gets his hands on something solid (like one of us...); More precise with the activities on his exersaucer; Expects to be able to eat when seated at the table (he tried to grab food off of Aidan's plate at brunch); has tried pineapple and honeydew melon in the last week.

Energy level: I have been pretty good - that's partially due to good sleep since Liam's been getting up to eat only once at night recently.

Exercise: I finally went to the Chiropractor because my lower back, hip and knee were killing me. I was definitely out of alignment but it has been a year (and a c-section) since I was last adjusted. Talk about heaven. When I danced that evening I felt more like my old self - the ease of movement, that is. My back is tight so I really need to start doing some resistance training again... if I can find the time...

Thoughts and Feelings? Hectic week but somewhat organized. A bit overwhelmed with dancing stuff but trying to just get through it. We're enjoying Liam so much! His 6 month appointment was fun (him playing with the exam room paper) and sad (his startled reaction to the needles and another ear infection - no antiobiotics this time though) but he was his old playful self in no time. Elimination communication is fine - we're taking it easy. I think we're going to start looking at some of those baby signing dvds and see what we can do with Liam (past doing the toilet sign everytime we put him on the potty).

What I am looking forward to: Pizza night on Friday; having my nieces at dance class on Saturday









No comments: