01 February 2009

A Coldish Winter Weekend

The weekend has flown by! Friday was hectic at work since I was trying to leave. I went through 20,000 emails to send messages to certain people to tell them who to contact for particular events. I managed to finish everything by 3.45pm. I headed out, deposited my final check in the bank and headed to the car to wait for DH. I read while he finished up. After sorting out the animals at home, he took me to dinner at L'Oriental. I had 4 raw oysters (my favorite) and then tepanyaki rockfish with a nice cabernet while DH had pork & cabbage potstickers followed by steak tepanyaki. I literally was asleep within 10 minutes of coming home.....

Saturday was cold and windy. I got to sleep in until 9pm. I then saw that one of my committee members gave me feedback on my dissertation proposal (will work on that tomorrow) and we put in a load of laundry as we went out the door. We had breakfast at Speciality Inn and then ran around Hamilton doing errands. Then the craaziness began. DH began working on the closet organizer and after a while it started pouring. DH went into the roof because a wet spot was developing on the ceiling. There was a tiny crack and the water was dripping in. Since it was raining he couldn't do anything with the roof. He ended up setting up a hairdryer blowing towards the ceiling to dry it out so the ceiling wouldn't fall in. He's going to throw some roof paint on the crack today. Then, when he was getting back to the closet the washing machine began spewing water all over the floor. I few shamwows and beach towels later, DH took the washing machine apart and discovered his sock had been sucked into the pump. Putting the washing machine back together was another story. There is still one screw that needs to go back in but DH can't get to the hole. So finally at 9pm DH got to start on my closet.... and I slept!

Today we went to church and upon coming home DH worked on the closet while I did laundry and read. The challenge for lunch was run a 5K towards Dockyard before we ate. We did the 3.1 miles in 32.28 and then had to walk another 1.25 miles into Dockyard. We had a lovely lunch at the Frog & Onion Pub and then caught the bus home. We've since had to clean up the yard a bit from yesterday's wind and DH is doing the roof. We're supposed to have dinner at DH's parent's tonight so we're trying to get the house in order before then.

1 comment:

Megan said...

WOW. Your weekend sounds exhausting. I just relaxed. Now I feel like a slug. ;)