12 August 2011

Liam - Week 33

Date/Week: August 10th; week 33

My Total weight gain/loss: -37 lbs (7 below pre-pregnancy weight)

His Stats:

Milestones: tried kiwi and didn't care for it; first time daddy has been away; first time sitting in a shopping cart

Developmental Progress: Goes from sitting to crawling quickly; offers his pacifier to you at night; does not need his pacifier very much during the day; seems to understand more words (like no and milk)

Energy level: Pretty good this week but I am stressed so it could be adrenaline

Exercise: Mostly walking

Thoughts and Feelings?
 My meds are finally going to be changed so I am going to have to stop breastfeeding at the end of the month. I hopefully have enough milk stored for Liam to get through to the end of October and if I mix it with formula we could perhaps stretch it to December. I feel sad about it but I am grateful that I was able to breastfeed for 2 months longer than expected. The hope is that with the meds my system can get back to balance and after 6 months or so, if we decide to TTC I can come off of them again and back to pregnancy friendly meds. Guess this is more info for our discussion in September!



Update - I ended up sending the names of all of the meds I've taken or take and the LLL leader had researched them and contacted a doctor who writes books and does studies on meds transmission via mother's milk. The advice then was to nurse two hours or more past taking the meds. I sent the info to my doc. We'll see what she says!

What I am looking forward to: Aidan coming home from Canada; Boston in September for our Anniversary and Aidan's B-day; more classes.












No comments: