06 August 2008

HSG - Complete!

I survived my first HSG! I couldn't eat after midnight since they were knocking me out so I tried to eat a lot last night. It didn't help... I really can't eat more than a single serving without feeling sick. So this morning I took my blood pressure meds with the antibiotic at 7am with a glass of water and that was it. Work this morning was hell with the smell of breakfast foods permiating the office.... DH picked me up a bit for 11am and I checked in while he parked. I then had to wait in the outpatient check-in. The paperwork was amazing! I cannot believe how many forms were fille out in that tiny room. I then was taken to the outpatient room and got to change into the wonderfully sexy backless gown. DH kept me company for quite a while but at that point I had been there for 2 hours and he had to go back to work. I got read while I waited and 30 minutes later they let me keep reading when they wheeled me into pre-op. Another 30 minutes and I managed to finish my book, have the IV tube put into my hand (which was hell - my pesky tiny veins) and transfer to the table in the OR. They put the meds in and the last thing that I rember was my ears tingling. Then I was awake and I felt great - I said something about wanting to do yoga to the nurse. My doctor came in and said my tubes were fine but that was all she said. I guess I'll find out more from my RE when I call him next week (if he receives the results by then). They made me wait 30 minutes before taking me back to the outpatient room for me to eat a cookie, drink some apple juice and get dressed. DH picked me up at 4pm and I was on my way home!

No comments: