27 February 2012

February 26th - 3 miles

Getting back into shape by running is proving impossible! I ended up wit a sprained foot and it's been taped up for 2 weeks. My return to walking was the Argus Charity Walk - 5K around Hamilton!

The morning was pretty cool and since I had Liam with me I had to bring layers of clothing for both of us. Aidan decided to play the bagpipes for the entire walk so I knew I'd have a good pacesetter. I taped up my foot and we were off a bit before 8.30 am.

We stayed near the back because of the stroller. It's amazing the number of people who get in the way as they're walking and talking to their friends. Aidan set a great pace and I got a workout on the hills. We did have to stop for 5 minutes to let a running race cross our route (Validus Running of the Bulls) but it did't affect the walk for us.

We finished the 3.1 miles in 1hour.It was a good walk to start on the way back to being healthy. And our charity earned some money because of our participation!

36.5/366

No comments: